Saturday, December 6, 2014

Chapter 1: Planting the Seed


AFTER THE FIRE
Poka, Lypton, Psveurtzkan Republic



Well, hello. I'm Snake Yadreni.
I don't really know who I'm talking to, but I figured I'd start this journal. Journalling isn't required by government as it was in the old days. Nope, new government, new rules. One of those rules is no more 24/7 surveillance on every citizen, as my great-aunt Esther exposed.
I don't want to talk about my family, though. They've done enough. They've done EVERYTHING. They stopped the Apocalypse, they started a new government! I just happened to be the leftover!
I'm done of resting in the shadow of my twin, my siblings, my uncles, aunts, ancestors!

Argh, rambling aside, this is going to be the start of SNAKE Yadreni's great family. All of my siblings are immortal now, but I'm still aging so that I can start a 15 or 16 generation chain of little Snake Yadreni's.

Snake is the seventh child of Hades and Jarrah Yadreni, the youngest of Generation 6 of the Yadreni family.
He is a Family Sim, with the LTW of marrying off 6 children. He's a Gemini, 2-8-9-6-1.


With only $20,000, I bought land just West of the lot my family was established on. It's the same size.
I built the beginnings of a skeleton of my farmhouse, but there's still tons of work to do. The trouble is, that work requires money.
My family at one point had more than $1,000,000, but I want to be a self-made man.


It does feel great, building something so huge all on your own.


I didn't even have enough money to start farming yet, so I resorted to digging for treasure.


After selling a few rocks, secret maps, and odd decorative items, I was able to furnish a tiny little kitchen and dining room.


It was hard, lonely work. I don't really want to talk about it.


Thankfully, with my phone I could ring up my siblings and other relatives, to see what's going on.
Turns out there's nothing going on. They've all taken Immortality in exchange for not having lives.


After a great deal of digging, I was able to build the upstairs room, my bedroom.


And, of course, start planting!


Mars: Great job with the house! I can hook you up with some art to put in it, if you want?
Snake: I don't think that'll be necessary.

Mars is Snake's uncle. He was born just before Snake was. He lifted the Artist restriction for the Apocalypse.


Well, the planting was nice and earned me a badge, but I forgot about something... Winter.
Back at home, we had the greenhouse, and didn't have to worry about those things...


Being at home all alone all the time was very lonely. I got a kitten, named Petra (for my great-great-grandmother).


She grew into an adult immediately. So much for cute kittens.


And as soon as she moved in, she destroyed my bed. Lovely.


With digging impossible due to the frozen ground, and farming impossible for the same reason, I had to resort to other means to get money. They didn't work well, but they payed the bills.



Petra does not share the grace my great-great-grandmother is said to have carried.


I did manage to teach her to use the toilet, though!

Snake: Toilet, yay!!



Still looking for ways to make money, I went to the Poka Shopping Center!
The Poka Shopping Center was established soon after the Apocalypse, thanks to the work of Mayor Emiko Willows. It has a giant statue of my brother Orca, in the front.

Orca Yadreni lifted Oceanography for the Apocalypse.


I worked at the coffee stand... which didn't really see many customers. The arcade, clothing store, and restaurant also in the building kind of took all of the attention.


Elephant: You're working as a barista? Really? Get a job, you graduated from university!!
Snake: No! I'm doing everything I do from the bottom! I don't want to take a job that someone else in our family has already done!
Elephant: Whatever. Can I get a double ristretto venti half-soy nonfat decaf organic chocolate brownie iced vanilla double-shot gingerbread frappuccina, extra hot with foam whipped cream upside down double blended, one Sweet'N Low and One Nutrasweet, and ice?
Snake: ...

Elephant, another of Snake's brothers, ended the Apocalypse by lifting the Slacker career.


Snake: I'm watching you...

In an effort to make more money, and to prevent Petra from destroying another bed, I got her a job in service.

She did great on her first day, thanks to chance cards!


Mayor Emiko Willows: So, I see you've build your house and all, congratulations!
Snake: Thanks! You know, you're very beautiful. Would you like to go on a date?
Emiko: Oh!!!

Emiko used to be a Senator from Lypton's neighboring province of Bleakton, but in the chaos of the government collapse, she fled to Pokalypton, where she knew my grandma, Alyssa, and became mayor.

She's in the political career... I like to rename the positions in that career, because I think they're lame.
Mayor is more important than Senator and Congressman?? And being a Judge is a political thing? There are occasionally elections involved, depending on what state you're in, but... REALLY?


Mars: Hey, Snake, how's your date going?
Snake: Uh.


My first attempt at kissing Emiko was met with rejection. It would have been my first kiss.


Who needs women, though? I have Petra!


Petra, the cat who destroyed ANOTHER bed.


Although I thought the date with Emiko went badly, she brought a potted palm, straight from the desert coast of Bleakton! I sold it to buy more furniture.


And, uh... I forgot to feed Petra, ONCE. So this happened.
It's not all bad, though. She destroyed a THIRD bed before leaving.


Spring finally came, and I planted like crazy!
Which also meant weeding like crazy.


I earned a Gold Gardening Talent Badge pretty soon, so my garden was comprehensive in terms of variety of plants.


Snake: You know, when the snow came and destroyed the other plants, I composted them! So you're living off of them, it's like recyling!!
Tomato Plant #4: 


I pulled out an old Yadreni family trick to help with the gardening. It was a lot of work, and I needed an extra boost.


I also used another little contraption, recommended to me by my brother, Antelope...

Antelope Yadreni lifted Crime.


But it didn't work too well.


On my second date with Emiko, I finally ended up kissing her.
In the rain, and with me in my pajamas. Kind of crazy, but I liked it.


On the third date--that's right, third; I'm taking this slow like a real Sim should--I took things to the next step.


Snake: Emiko, I love you. Will you marry me?
Emiko: Oh my- yes!!!


Emiko moved in with $9,000, which helped out with the house tremendously.

Emiko Willows is also a Family Sim, with the LTW of becoming Captain Hero. She is a Cancer, 6-3-6-4-6.


We slept in the same bed after she moved in, but THAT'S IT.
I would NEVER do anything gross before marriage, no way! Disgusting!!!


Not having a greenhouse or ladybugs to fight bugs, I did it myself... and became a PlantSim in the process.


Having already had a PlantSim grandmother, who created three PlantSim uncles/aunts that stole the jobs I would have taken, I wanted to return to normal.


Zea: GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Zea is a demon, and a menace.


I cured myself, but then, while weeding for my wedding, I turned again!!
Good thing I bought multiple potions.


Not all of my family could come to my wedding, of course, but my closest family members came.
Left to right, there's Antelope (my brother), Mars (my uncle), Elephant (my brother), Hades (my father), and Ares (my uncle, Mars's twin).


Emiko: Nice dress, hunny. You do know this isn't your wedding, right?
Flamingo: Be quiet and be thankful I'm allowing you to enter our family.

That's my sister... Flamingo.

Well, here are the photos from our wedding:








Hades: I'm very proud of you, son.
Snake: Thanks, Dad.


The reception ended up being a roof-raiser! We had tons of fun.


But afterwards, it was time for a lot more fun.


The PlantSim thing has really been becoming an issue.


Snake: You know, I'm going to age up and become an elder soon. Will you still love me, then?
Emiko: Of course, just... go take another potion, I can't bear you being green.


Well, I did take another potion, but not before spraying the entire garden first.
I bought three trees, by the way, so my garden now has every type of harvestable plant!


Emiko helped out with the harvest.


After selling any non-mouthwatering foods, we had enough money to construct a lake. Woo!
The sad thing about the lake is that, like the ground, it'll freeze in the Winter. So we'll have nothing to do...


Or maybe we will!


After several days of being pregnant, Emiko went into labor in our bedroom.


In a very Yadreni-like fashion, she gave birth to twins!


We had one boy, and one girl (which is just what I wanted)! The boy is Stanley, the girl is Ellen.


In addition to having them before Winter came, I managed to capture all of the types of fish available from our lake!


We invited a few family members over for their toddler birthday, and my senior birthday.


The layout of the room is different here because my game crashed the first time Hades grew up...


My family was quite entertained by the fact I was becoming an elder, meanwhile my siblings, uncles, one of my dads and my grandma were all still adults. At least my Yadreni dad is an elder.

Flamingo: Hahaha, OLDIE!


This is how Ellen and Stanley grew up. Ellen received Emiko's blonde hair, something I carried as well thanks to my dad, Jarrah. The founder of the Yadreni family, Peter, also had blonde hair, and his husband red hair, but several generations of all brown everything killed that.


Emiko: You still look great, honey. Even better, I'd say?
Snake: Really? Thanks, Em.
Emiko: You're welcome.

Thus concludes Chapter 1!
Obviously this is quite different from Pokalypton :P

Accomplished Generation 1 tasks in this chapter: 4/4
  • Gold gardening badge
  • Garden with every plant
  • Get married with no premarital Woohoo
  • Have a boy and a girl
Accomplished Generation 1 optional tasks in this chapter: 2/3
  • Catch every fish
  • Max nature hobby

So here are the points so far:

  • Required objectives complete: 4
  • Optional complete: 4
  • Generations complete: 1
  • TOTAL POINTS: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment